A. General conditions
Roularta Media cannot guarantee any sector exclusivity on a particular ad format, during a particular period of time, unless 100% share of impressions is bought. Roularta Media commits to inform its clients about simultaneous presence of competitors issued from the same economical sectors (reference: IAB / CIM classification).
Request for proposals
- A period of a minimum of 1 working day is allowed for answering requests for proposals for standard products, as indicated on the “Rate Cards”.
For non-standard products the period is 5 working days.
This gives Roularta sufficient time to ask any relevant questions and to find out whether the requested advertising space is available.
The following rules apply:
- Each option is valid for 14 days from the date of acceptance of the option.
- Several options may be placed on a specific advertising position. If this is the case the client should be informed of the ranking of his option on the list of options.
- If a client wishes to convert an option into an order then the holders of the other options should be informed of this as quickly as possible.
- Depending on the ranking of their option, the other holders are entitled to convert their option into an order within two working days of the date of notification.
- The order form should be signed and returned at least 10 working days prior to the start date of the campaign.
- Any delay in this period will mean that the intended start date of the campaign cannot be guaranteed.
The order form must include the following elements:
- the name of the advertiser
- the name of the campaign
- the MDBID
Changes or cancellations of campaigns
- Once the order form has been signed the campaign may no longer be changed.
Orders may be entirely or partially cancelled. The request for this must be made in writing (e-mail, fax or letter) at the latest 4 weeks prior to the start date of the campaign. If this delay is not respected then the following rules apply:
- If the cancellation request is made between 3 and 4 weeks prior to the start date of the campaign 20% of the value of the order will be invoiced.
- If the cancellation request is made between 2 and 3 weeks prior to the start date of the campaign 50% of the value of the order will be invoiced.
- If the cancellation request is made between 1 and 2 weeks prior to the start date of the campaign 75% of the value of the order will be invoiced.
- If the cancellation request is made less than 1 week prior to the start date of the campaign then the entire value (100%) of the order will be
In case that production work has been carried out, then the order may not be cancelled and there can no reimbursement whatsoever.
Type of material
It is essential that the advertising material delivered complies with the technical specifications
- Riche media / GIF / JPEG
The name ‘Rich Media’ is given to all material that is not in a GIF of JPEG format.
The correct processing of ‘Rich Media’ material banners cannot be guaranteed in advance. The advertising material therefore needs to be delivered in time (see point ‘Cancellation’ above) in order for us to have sufficient time to test it before the campaign is launched. If it is considered that the test results are inadequate, then the ‘Rich Media’ material will be converted into GIF/JPEG material, in so far as this is possible. It is therefore customary that GIF/JPEG material should be provided systematically.
Changes to the material
We will in no case make any changes (including changes to format) to the delivered material without your prior agreement.
Standard naming agreement
When the advertising material is delivered the name of the different campaign elements (banners, skyscrapers, etc.) as specified, should be added in the Adserver. These names should be composed of a maximum of 23 alphanummeric characters, to include a character code that determines the language (FR, NL, UK etc.). These names should be used throughout the report.
Right of refusal
Roularta Media Group can claim at any time the right, without any obligation to motivate this decision, to refuse, suspend or stop the publication of advertisements or communications, without compensation for incurred losses, even if the department responsible for the assignment already started its execution.
The customer [media agency / advertiser / advertising agency] shall refrain from any exploitation and, more generally, of any processing, direct or indirect, immediate or delayed, of personal data – i.e. information that identifies physical persons or allows to do this - which is not strictly limited to an efficient circulation of advertisements placed by him on the website(s) of [the publisher / provider]. In case of non-compliance, [the publisher / provider] reserves the right to terminate the order, without prejudice to its right to full payment of the order.
Delivery time for advertising material
For GIF and JPEG material: 3 working days prior to the start date of the campaign.
For ‘Rich Media’ material: 5 working days prior to the start date of the campaign.
For the codes of campaigns begin undertaken by third parties (Third Party AdServer): to be sent 3 working days prior to the start date of the campaign.
Start of the campaign
In the case of non-respect of these deadlines we cannot guarantee that the campaign will start on the date originally planned. In such a case it is assumed that the campaign has started on the date originally agreed.
Nevertheless, through consultation a solution can be sougth for the remaining impressions:
- The campaign can be extended depending on availability
- The capping can be adapted during the campaign in order to meet the original target.
- A GIF/JPG banner can be put online until the issue is resolved. In the case of one of these three solutions being refused, then no compensation can be made for those impressions that were not delivered due to delay. GIF/JPG impressions delivered during the unavailable period will be considered as normally delivered impressions
In the case of intervention by a third party AdServer proposed by the client, any statistical difference compared to our proposed figures must be notified by email at the latest half way through the campaign.
Once this delay has been passed the distribution on figures of our AdServer will be considered to apply and will serve as the sole reference.
A difference of 10% or less will not give any entitlement Whatsoever to compensation.
However, if the difference is greater than 10%, then a solution will be agreed on through consultation. Any such consultation does not in any way imply any right to compensation whatsoever.
Credit for non-delivered impressions
If, during or after the campaign, it appears that the planned number of impressions has not been delivered then the parties may agree to:
- extend the campaign
- grant the client a certain number of impressions for a new campaign
- make a credit note for the non-delivered impressions
A co-branding is the association of two or more brands or products from the same advertiser or from different advertisers.
Per extra brand that is mentioned, we will apply a surcharge of 15% per brand.
B. Display ads
These discounts are applicable in function of the total order value (display + newsletters)
|Order Net value (€) (1)||Discount|
|> 25,000||On demand|
(1) Mininum budget for a campaign is € 1,000 after agency fee.
NON CUMULATIVE DISCOUNTS
Certain sectors are eligible for the following discounts:
- Affiliated sectors (media): 30%
- Charity & non-profit organizations: 50%
This discount is only valid on large leaderboard, half page or wide skyscraper on Knack.be/Levif.be (run of network).
Those conditions can never be cumulated with any other type of discounts. Summer conditions are communicated separately and may vary every year.
New advertiser bonus
Applicable on first order from any new advertiser:
- 5% additional free media space when net budget is between 0 Euros and 5,000 Euros
- 7.5% additional free media space when net budget is between 5,001 Euros 10,000 Euros
This policy is only valid for stand alone newsletter campaigns.
Discounts are applicable in function of the number of ordered insertions at a time, according to the table below:
|Number of insertions (D + F)||Discount|
|> 8||on demand|
Insertions can be made in different issues of the same newsletter, in different issues from different newsletters or there can be multiple insertions within a single issue of a newsletter.
Z.1. RESEARCHPARK, 120/B-1731 ZELLIK
T + 32 2 467 565 11